Covid-19 Update – 23 March 2020
This afternoon the Government announced that the countries alert level has been raised to level 4, within 48 hours. While no definitive time frames have been announced, it is expected to remain at level 4 for at least 4 weeks.
As a result the Rangiora Golf Club has implemented the following actions:
- The Clubhouse, including the toilet areas, and the Golf Shop will be closed from midnight tonight until further notice.
- All Club competitions and tournaments are suspended until further notice.
- The course will remain open for casual golf and you are asked to observe Health & Safety guidelines
– do not remove the pin flags when putting
– use your club head to smooth out after play. Local Rule – place if you land in a footprint
– exercise extreme caution when using drinking fountains
– exercise extreme caution if using the toilet block at no 9
– handshakes are not recommended
– take a scorecard as this provides us with a register of those using the course for the purpose of contact tracing
- Club contacts – Hank van Keulen & Sue McFarlane at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an unprecedented time for us all, with the health, safety and well-being of members and staff our priority, and regular updates will be provide should the situation change.
Thank you for your support and understanding in these difficult times and stay in touch with your family and friends, and hopefully it will be business as normal sooner rather than later.
Kindest regards and stay healthy